Bumps and Redness on Chest After Breast Augmentation, What is It?

I had my BA 4 days ago. In between my breasts was very red and I just figured it was bruising from the surgery. Last night, I noticed these whitehead looking bumps all over the redness?!?! What is it?!

Possible Allergic Reaction After Breast Augmentation

+1

Based on your description, it seems that you may be developing an allergic reaction to a medication or an early sign of infection.

Therefore,  recommend that you contact your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.

I hope this helps and the best of wishes to you.

Thank you for post.

Dr. Sajjadian

+1

You can be having a reaction to the surgical prep or a medication. You should call your surgeon and let them see you right away to see if this is something that can be handled with medication or just time.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Rash on chest after Breast Augmentation

+1

I would definately call your plastic surgeon with your concerns.  Most likely it is an allergic reaction either to the tape used for your bandages or even a latex allergy.  Infection after a breast augmentation is pretty rare but worth getting checked out.  I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Redness after Breast Augmentation

+1

Your doctor should be notified of your concerns. The redness may be related to a reaction to the skin prep solution that was used prior to your surgery or a medication that you were exposed to. It may also be an early sign of an infection, and for this reason should be examined by your doctor so that this possibility could be excluded. Good Luck.

Wilfred Brown, MD
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon