Bumps After Labiaplasty and Clitoral Hood Reduction? (photo)

I had my surgery 3 weeks ago. I had, vagina rejuvenation, labia minora and clitoral hood reduction. Is this swelling or not? All of the rest of my swelling has seemed to subside. Also I can't see my clitoris.

Irregularities after a labiaplasty

+1

are not uncommon. Your edges will remain rough and uneven until those sutures are removed or dissolve. Your hood reduction is healing well but there is a 'bump' of tissue between your incisions that may persist and which a revision should easily improve. Keep your surgeon informed of your concerns and utilize the revision policy if it is needed.

Bumps following labia surgery

+1

The bumps you see are to be expected after labiaplasty, regardless of the method used.  They are often frightening about 3 weeks after surgery, but are very typical.  They take several more weeks to resolve.  I have found it helpful to tell patients that they are expected within the first month and gone by the third month.

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Bumps after Labiaplasty

+1

Very typical to still have swelling (bumps) only 3 weeks after vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, and hoodectomy.  This amount of surgery in the same area creates a substantial amount of swelling that takes 2-3 months to resolve.  I encourage you to keep all your follow up appointments with your operating surgeon so the s/he can continue to monitor your progress.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Bumps After Labiaplasty and Clitoral Hood Reduction?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. The bumps you see or feel are due to swelling around the disolvable sutures. Your surgeon did a linear resection technique and it will take 6-8 weeks for the swelling to subside and the edge of the labia to even out. I prefer the wedge resection technique which does not place a suture line along the whole length of the labia minora. Iether technique can give excellent results. Be patient, talk to your surgeon about your concerns. good luck with the healing.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon