Did Bumping my Nose 8 Days After Rhinoplasty Ruin my Result?

I had rhino 5 1/2 months ago. I have followed my doctor's post-op instructions religiously. However...8 days after surgery, 1 day after my cast came off, I slipped and banged my nose in the shower. I immediately went to my doctor. He told me I was okay and that the structure of the nose seemed fine. But I've always been concerned I jeopardized my result from the fall. I'm over 5 months post-op, and my nose remains very undefined. Is is likely that I screwed things up?

+1

Bumping your nose after rhinoplasty may have caused some extra swelling or a shifting of your bones, but it doesn't sound as if it is the cause of your issue now.  As long as the structure of the nose was symmetric after you bumped it, then I don't think you did anything to ruin your result.  Wait a bit longer and then discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Bumping nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It is highly unlikely that the bump you described caused any significant problems with your rhinoplasty result. The lack of definition can be due to a number of factors, even post-surgical swelling (although at 5 1/2 months, you shouldn't really have a lack of definition). If you are unhappy with your result, you should discuss this with your surgeon.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Trauma 8 Days Post-op

+1

It is impossible to know if the trauma caused a permanent change in your result. Normally, definition will improve over the next 5-6 months. Be optomistic, but if a revision is necessary the etiology of your problem will never be known.

Will bumping my nose after rhinoplasty ruin result?

+1

Question: Did bumping my nose 8 days after rhinoplasty ruin my result?

Answer: There is no way to make this determination online. The determination can best be made by your surgeon. If your surgeon feels that you did not create a problem by bumping your nose, then you should take the surgeon at his word. Nevertheless, if you are not happy with your results at five months, you should address these concerns with your surgeon. The results of a rhinoplasty are not final at five months post-op. There is still some edema or swelling and the nose will continue to refine and define itself over the next year or even several years.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Trauma to nose soon after surgery

+1

This is a difficult question to answer.  Theoretically, the trauma may prolong the swelling and recovery time, which may be why your nose lacks definition.  I advise waiting at least one year from time of surgery before making any final decision.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Did bump after nose surgery effect your nose job

+1

This is an impossible question to answer as there are too many variables such as the thickness of your skin and the appearance of your nose prior and immediately following the procedure but if you seek an answer; Yes your injury could have cuased bleeding or additional scarring that could have altered the outcome of your surgery.