Bumping Nose 7 Days After Rhinoplasty?

Hi, It's been seven days since my rhinoplasty and I accidentally bumped my nose with my fist. It wasnt extremely hard, no bleeding or extreme pain but it was a good bump. I still have my cast on and that's the area I bumped. I will see my surgeon tomorrow so ill ask him but I am freaking out so more opinions would be helpful too. Do you think this will cause any permanent damage to my result?

Bumping nose 7 days after rhinoplasty?

+1

As long as you had your cast on, there should not be a problem. It is not likely any permanent damage was caused.
In general, an issue may have been caused if you had the following symptoms:

1) Bleeding
2) Pain or tenderness
I would recommend visiting your surgeon so they can ensure you are continuing to heal ok. Thank you and good luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unlikely that you would have hurt anything with your nose

+1

Thank you for the question.  Since you had no bleeding, the contact was not that hard, and you had your splint on its not that likely that you hurt anything.  I would not worry about it too much at this point.  Keep your head elevated and see your plastic surgeon at your next follow up.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Bumping the nose 7 days after rhinoplasty?

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you have experienced. It does not sound like there was a significant amount of force, and since you were wearing your splint everything should be ok. I would recommend following up with your surgeon so he/she can examine the area and make sure you are healing properly. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Bumping Nose 7 Days After Rhinoplasty

+1

With the nasal splint on it is doubtful that you have caused any damage.  An exam is needed,so follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for confirmation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Bumping Nose After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Dear Sg,

Thank you for your question.  Its, of course, hard to know if there was any damage without seeing the nose.  However, it does not sound like there is a high probability of damage.  Your surgeon, tomorrow, will likely remove the splint and inspect your nose to see if any movement of the bones or cartilage occured.  Since it is still early, if the bones shifted slightly, he will be able to move them and resplint.  However, as I said, likely, there was no damage done.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Bumping nose 7 days after rhinoplasty

+1

If it has been just seven days following your rhinoplasty and the nasal splint was still on, you probably did not do any significant damage.  However, be certain to let your surgeon know what happened.  If you did displace the nasal bones it should still be early enough for your surgeon to reposition them without having to undergo another surgery.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon