Bumped nose 6 days post Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I Was petting my dog earlier today ( 6days post op) rhinoplasty she head butted me. It didnt hurt too bad but i did hear some cracking like sounds!!! There was no bleeding but I do feel like it maybe has swollen a little and hurts a little . It does not look like it has changed shape or deviated at all. I called my PS office and they say they can look at it tomorrow when I get my cast off . I am soooo worried I ruined my new nose! What are the chances I have caused some damage ?. I need peace of mind..

Bumped nose 6 days post Rhinoplasty?

+1

Only an exam will be able to determine if anything was altered with the trauma.

Bumped nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for writing. In most cases, a small bump is ok -- provided that you had your protective cast in place. The cracking sound can be a slight shift in the nasal bones, if these were reshaped during your procedure. When your cast is removed, a thorough exam will be helpful to make sure everything is still healing appropriately. Best wishes.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma after rhinoplasty

+1

There is a possibility that the bones did shift after that bump to the nose. The cast helps keep everything in place but things can still shift. That being said, I would not worry as your plastic surgeon will be able to evaluate it after the cast is off and be able to decide if anything should be done. This is not the first time a patient has had this happen and I'm sure he/she will know what to do.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD