Bumped Nose Tip After Rhinoplasty

Last night I accidentely walked into the wall and bumped my nose tip pretty hard. It's been 5 months since my open rhinoplasty, so I am concerned if I did any lasting damage? I already didn't like the way my nose looked before bumping it (swollen looking), so now I'm afraid it's going to look worse after bumping it. It didn't bleed or anything but is sore today. After 5 months, could I have done any real damage to my nose? Thank you for all of your wonderful advice!

Nasal Trauma after rhinoplasty

+1

Whether you have previously undergone rhinoplasty surgery or not, it is possible to cause injury to the internal structure of your nose with any significant trauma. Most osteotomies (operative, controlled nasal fractures to narrow the bones) have healed by about 6-8 weeks after surgeyr. However, if your septum was harvested during your operation, the "L" strut of cartilage is more likely to fracture upon an impact than an unoperated septum would. Further, nasal trauma can incite inflammation in the nose which may lead to additional swelling.

Bumped Nose Tip After Rhinoplasty

+1

Photos would be extremely helpful. I doubt you caused serious injury. But you stated you were not happy with the tip anyway. So return to your surgeon or chose another for a tip revision at 9 months from operation. From MIAMI 

Trauma to the Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

A simple bump on the nose shouldn't cause you much harm even after a rhinoplasty.  By 5 months the nose is well healed, but a nose that has been operated on (and having the bones broken) is always a bit weaker than the original.  Nasal bones heal differently that the long bones of the arm or leg and as a result the bones are always a bit more fragile.  You should continue to see changes in your nose through your one year anniversary, but it is unlikely a small bump isn't going to do you any harm.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Bumping your nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

The damage you may have caused is probably very minor and should not have any long lasting consequences. It may prolong the healing process slightly. After 12 months, you can judge the result.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumped Nose Tip 5 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is possible, but extremely unlikely you did any harm bumping your tip 5 months after rhinoplasty. See your surgeon to evaluate you after the trauma and discuss your dissatisfaction.

Nasal bumping

+1

Bumping your nose five months after a rhinoplasty if not hit too hard is unlikely to cause a problem for you.  If you are uncomfortable, you may want to go to your doctor to get checked out.

Bumping your nose five months post Rhinoplasty

+1
First of all I am sorry that you were not happy with the appearance of your nose prior to the "bumping" of it. With that said since you were only five months postoperative you should still see some positive changes in the swelling dissipating up to a year. As far as your recent incident you may have bumped it enough to cause some tip tenderness but this should cause no long term problems with your result. Remember to be careful and accidents happen, you should be fine. If you have further concerns I would advise discussing those with your surgeon to put your mind at ease. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Nose will resist bumps five months after rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose has firmly set its shape by five months after your rhinoplasty and will resist bumps. We permit full exercise and unrestricted activity after the first month. Wish I could say you will like your nose better.

peterejohnsonmd