Bumped Nose Tip After Revision Rhinoplasty with Cast Still On. Might It Affect Results?

I'm 12 days post-op. I had full osteotomies, tip work, and correction of septal deviation. I had just gone to my doctor and he decided to leave the cast on for another week. Later on that day I asked my boyfriend not to move because I wanted to give him a peck on the cheek, but I still accidentally bumped the tip into his cheekbone. It wasn't a hard blow nor did it hurt afterwards, but I still felt slight pain when I bumped into him, and I'm so early on, I'm mortified it might affect results!

Gentle Nudge On The Nasal Tip 2 Weeks After Surgery

+1

At about 2 weeks after your procedure, a gentle nudge on your nasal tip with the cast one should have not caused damage to your nose or temper your results.

Nonetheless, I would recommend that you consult with your surgeon about what happened.

Meanwhile, I recommend that you protect your nose from any possible trauma and to keep on following your surgeon's instructions religiously.

Thank you for your questions and congratulations on your surgery.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Post-op tip trauma

+1

I wouldn't worry too much about a light bump as you described this many days after your rhinoplasty.  It might be a good idea to mention it to your surgeon when you see him/her next, but otherwise, just continue with the post-op care as instructed.  Good luck.

Scott K. Thompson, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump to tip

+1

If it was a gentle bump as your describing I wouldn't worry about it. The tip of the nose is going to be tender 12 days after rhinoplasty. Continue to take care and be gentle with your nose and follow up with your surgeon.

Richard Balikian, M.D.
Temecula Facial Plastic Surgeon