Bumped Nose Accidentally 3 Nights After Rhinolasty?

Hi there, I just had closed rhinoplasty on my tip two days ago, splint was put on, minor bleeding, minimal bruising, but during the past night, I moved my arm involuntarily in my sleep and bumped the tip of my nose from underneath (where there was no splint), it felt a little sore for a bit, no bleeing noticed, but now I'm freaking out, concerned that I messed something up! It is possile I changed my nose's shape, or am I overreacting? Will have a follow-up next week.

Bumped Nose After Rhino #nosejob

+1

Don't stress too much. It would be very unlikely that you did anything bad enough to change your outcome. I would watch this and if you really are worried I would say talk to your surgeon. You should be just fine.

Bumping nose early post-op

+1

I doubt that bumping your  nose a few days after surgery caused any major issues. The splint and tape protect the nose. If you are concerned see your surgeon.

Trauma to nose after rhinoplasty

+1

This is a common complaint that I get from patients.  Usually there is no harm done.  I would not lose too much sleep over this.  Once the splint is removed, your doctor will be able to make a better assessment. 

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-op rhinoplasty

+1

It's normal and understandable to react the way that you are, but rest assured it's unlikely that you did any major harm to your nose with a light bump.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Light bump to nose

+1

A light bump to nose is very unlikely to cause any damage - especially if there was not any bleeding

Sam Naficy, MD

Bumped nose after rhinoplasty...

+1

PPan:

It's probably no big deal. It would be hard to change the shape from a little bump, especially if you didn't bleed. Should be fine...however, I would follow-up with your surgeon today just to be sure.

hope this helps,

Dr. Michael in Miami

Michael Salzhauer, MD

Bumped Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Although it is unlikely you damaged anything, only your surgeon can accurately tell you this after examining you.  Hopefully you did not hit your nose so forcefully that any damage was done.  I suggest that you let your doctor's office know of this, although you will likely just keep your existing appointment.  Best wishes.

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon