Bump 9 Weeks After Closed Rhinoplasty

I had closed Rhinoplasty to remove my very large hump and I am now nine weeks post operative. Overall I seem to be healing pretty well but I still have a slight hump! Even though my surgery was closed could it still be possible for the remaining hump to be nothing more than swelling? It really isn't that big but I would still feel alittle bit short changed if it doesn't go down. Thanks! 

Bump after Rhinoplasty

+1

The bump may resolve with time. Don't feel "short-changed" if a revision is necessary. Rhinoplasty is the most challenging operation we do, and it sounds like your surgeon did an excellent job. There is never a guarantee with surgery, but I am sure your surgeon will help you achieve your goals.

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

When recovering for a closed rhinoplasty the cartilage takes a while for it to fully heal. The swelling is caused by the tissues starting to adjust to the new shape into its form. The major swelling/bruising goes away after the first few weeks, but swelling can occur up to a year after surgery. You should see the full results after a year. I'd go visit your surgeon so they can check it out.

Sam Speron, MD

Hump After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

The hump will probably not go down at this point and is not related to swelling. Most likely you still have some bone and/or cartilage that needs to be removed. That's one of the advantages of an open rhinolasty, you can see how much cartilage and bone needs to be removed.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Persistent bump after rhinoplasty

+1

A small hump is sometimes unavoidable due to the convergence of 3 cartilage and 3 bones in the keystone area. Occasionally this does require a second procedure to rasp the area. However, it is possible that you are still healing and the current bump will continue to diminish. Avoid doing any revisionary procedures for a minimum of 6 months following the original procedure.