3 Weeks Post Op I Have A Bump Towards the Tip- What Can I Do To Fix It?

I had rhinoplasty just 3 weeks ago. Im really not having that much swelling but I feel a little bump towards the tip about 1/2" from the tip... If I push up on the tip just a little, it goes away so I think its the columella? I expected more of an upturn but it just goes straight. Is there anything I can do? It doesnt look feminine at all. Does taping work in this case to hold it down for a better result. I'm worried.

+2

With no photos, to show the bump and with it being only 3 weeks after your Rhinoplasty, IMHO you should stop touching your nose and leave it heal.  As the swelling subsides over the following several months, you can discuss the results with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Concerned about a bump at 3 weeks post rhinoplasty

+2

At three weeks following a rhinoplasty, you are still very early yet in the healing process. It can take up to a year for you to see the "final" result - so be patient. Be patient.

If you have questions about your results in general, ASK your surgeon as he/she operated on you.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

3 weeks post rhinoplasty

+2

At 3 weeks post-rhinoplasty it is too early to get too worried about things. Let the swelling subside first.

Nose tip

+2

It is way to early to judge your results. I would need pictures when you are healed 9-12 months will do. n general, if you feel a bump but cannot see it, don't worry

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Bump Near Tip 3 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+2

A picture would help us to answer your question. The size and location of the bump is hard to describe. Normal swelling 3 weeks after surgery make it difficult to predict the final result. At this stage, I recommend you talk to your surgeon who knows exactly what was done during your operation.