Bump on the Side of my Nose After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had closed rhinoplasty 2 months ago. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a bump on the right side of my nose. I try to massage it hoping it will go away but it still looks the same. My surgeon hasnt said anything about it besides the fact that "its swelling". I know I should wait at least 6 months for results but I cant help but feel that this may be permanent. I've attached 2 photos, one with smiling (the bump is more noticeable).

The fullness along your right bridge of your nose may appear prominent due to an indentation on your left nasal bridge.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Internet photos rarely tell the whole story, but when you're not smiling, I see an indentation along your left bridge down to your left tip. Two months post-op is too soon to judge your final result, but you may have an option other than watchful waiting. Depending on your examination, you may consider an injectable filler treatment to restore symmetry and volume to your left lower bridge. This would need to be performed judiciously since you're early in the post-operative period. My personal experience is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on the Side of my Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Posted photos demonstrate either un resected cartilage or a dislodged piece. Seek in person examination and schedule revision now. 

Asymmetry at 2 months

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you have asymmetry of the bridge, probably due to an underlying septal deviation which was not fully adressed.  This is not likely to improve with time

Sam Naficy, MD