Can Bump on the Right Side of Lip Be Removed?

It came out of an accident when I was little and fell busting my lip open. I got stitches and ever since I have had a bump. Can this be removed?

Lip bump after accident

+1

This sounds like something that can easily be done as a minor office procedure. Most Board Certified plastic surgeons or facial plastic surgeons should be able to help you.

Correcting a Scar-Related Lip Lump

+1

Every time we are injured we heal by deposition of a biological glue that transforms into scar tissue. To get the best looking scar, plastic surgeons sharply remove all badly beat up tissues and bring the wounds edges together with specifically placed sutures. This intervention directs and partially controls the scarring process.

It sounds like your lip wound was not treated optimally resulting in uncontrolled scarring. But do not worry. A good Plastic surgeon can remove it and give you a great, barely visible lip scar. Lips heal beautifully in most cases. Check www.PlasticSurgery.org for a surgeon close to you.

Lip scar treatment

+1

Yes they can be removed with good results. This bump can occur because of lack of suturing when it is needed, improper suture closure or patient factors such as predisposition to bad scarring or being young (some youngsters scar worse).

Aaron Stone, MD

Bumps on lips can be removed

+1

Hi there,

it sounds like you have a lump of scar tissue- this should be easy for a Biard Certified Plastic Surgeon to manage for you.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS