Bump on Side of Bridge, What Are my Options to Correct?

hello, i had my surgery 15 weeks ago. ive been trying to be patient about a lump on the right side of my bridge and although its improved some, it is still there. its right where the bone and cartilage meet on the side wall. septum is straight and profile on both sides are perfect. the lump is localized but i am able to push down on it. assuming it isnt swelling, would it be a fairly minor revision to correct? which is easier to fix, bone or cartilage? its quite minor but enough to bother me.

Revision After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. Minor imperfections after rhinoplasty are common, and are usually due to swelling. Bumps like the one that you have described normally fade, but it may take up to one year for the full recovery. I recommend that patients wait for the full year before they consider any revision. If the bump does not reduce within the year you should be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon to talk about revision rhinoplasty.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/nose-jobrhinoplasty-7196

Minor revision after rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds like you may have a residual piece of cartilage that is lying just under the nasal skin. Often, this can be a fairly simple fix. However, you should give it more time for swelling to go down and for the scar tissue to soften. Some patients will benefit from placement of a fascia graft along the bridge to help camouflage these types of irregularities.

Nasal Irregularities At 15 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

As I have mentioned in your previous post, it is important to be a little more patient since final results of a rhinoplasty take about 12 months to be fully established.

Therefore, it is a little too early to assess the outcome of your surgery. Time is essential for nature to take its course and the healing process to be accomplished without interruption.

Meanwhile, I recommend that you keep your surgeon in the loop of your recovery process and to protect your nose from any accidental traumas.

Thank you for your questions.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Bump on Bridge 15 Weeks after Rinoplasty

+1

Looking at your previous posts it looks like you have multiple concerns. It is too early to evaluate your final result but share your questions with your surgeon.

Side of Bridge

+1

After 12 full months your surgeon will be able to accurately address your nasal side fullness condition and improve your peace of mind.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling

+1

Dear Marmar, You are to soon in the recovery phase to determine your results and asymmetry is common during this stage. Fifteen weeks post surgery is to soon to be discussing Revision Rhinoplasty. See your surgeon for frequent follow up appointments this will help you have some peace of mind during this recovery period. It takes an entire year for all of the swelling from Rhinoplasty to fully dissipate and at this time you can determine your needs. In the interim discuss your concerns with your surgeon so he/she may help set your mind at ease. Best regards and quick healing! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com