Possible to Significantly Reduce Nose Profile Along with Bump

I have edited a profile pic of my self. As you can see i took the bridge out as well as significant amount of my the top part of my nose making the profile a lot smaller. I noticed that most of rhinoplasties keep the over all profile of the nose just without the bump but i need to significantly reduce the profile along with the bump not just the bump. Is this possible. Is it possible for me to get these results with a Rhinoplasty??

Significant Nose Reduction

+2

Yes. Judging from this limited view, the nose can be reduced, and the bump can be removed similar to what you had requested. However you want to make sure the end result is a nose that is proportional to your face.

By looking at the front, oblique and base views of the face & nose, the surgeon can predict if significant reduction would give you the best possible result. In summary, the result should be "UN-operated" and natural in appearance and should not compromise the nasal airway.

Reducing nose profile and bump

+1

With rhinoplasty surgery, the entire bridge can be shaved down or just a bump. It all depends on what the patient’s and surgeon’s wishes and desires are. It is important to have excellent communication between the surgeon and the patient. Computer imaging can help in this matter.  

Reducing Nose

+1

You have reduced size and established a strong, defined, feminine nose. Share your vision with a good surgeon who agrees with your aesthetic taste.

Dorsal Hump Reduction and Tip De-Projection Possible with Rhinoplasty

+1

I think the changes that you have made look quite good. What you are describing is not only a hump reduction but also a reduction in tip projection, which can be achieved with rhinoplasty. I generally caution against over reducing tip projection but a subtle amount can be apropriate as in your case. You can find out more about some of the most common changes made to the nose during rhinoplasty by following the link below.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bump and profile refinement.

+1

Yes, it is not only possible but is normally done when the overall size of the nose needs to be reduced. You have drawn if well without a "scoop" which is the most natural nose. Choose a surgeon who does the same.

Predicting the nose job result with a computer image

+1

Judging from this limited view, it seems that your desired outcome is reasonable and a close approximation of this could likely be achieved with surgery.

Rhinoplasty

+1

The problem with computer generated images, is that you can not guarantee the photo shopped results. Certainly the dorsal hump can be taken down, but The bridge you left may be too low and on full face view may give you an appearance of very wide eyes and a flat appearance.

Nasal Hump Reduction

+1
Reducing your nasal hump and correcting the nose the way you demonstrate it is achievable. It, of course, would have to depend on what an examination of your nose demonstrates in view of the airway remaining after the nose is made smaller this way. Consult an experienced nose surgeon who listens to your requests andwho will advise you on the best way to get this result. Dr. Peter A. Aldea

Reducing Projection in Rhinoplasty

+1

The question you are asking is whether your nose can be deprojected (profile made smaller) in addition to having the hump removed. The answer is: yes, to a degree.  However, it is important to note that one change in Rhinoplasty often introduces the need for another.  When a nose is deprojected, the nostrils sometimes become wider because the soft tissue envelope hasn't changed.  Nostril size reduction or alar base reduction is sometimes necessary via weir excisions or nasal sill reduction.  Definitely see a Surgeon experienced in Rhinoplasty surgery who will do a thorough analysis and let you know what is and isn't possible.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon