Bump and Pressure on Forehead After Botox?

I got Botox for the first time about a month and a half ago. I've recently noticed that if I apply too much pressure to my forehead (resting my hand on my forehead, taking off makeup, squeezing my eyebrows together), I can see the Botox clump into a bump on my forehead.

Typically, this happens between my eyebrows. The bump will stay for about a minute, then relax and smooth out again. Also when this happens I get an intense pressure on my forehead. Is this normal? Is something wrong?

Botox bump is muscle spasm

+2

The Botox injection is long gone. It is no longer present and is not causing the "bump". I have heard this complaint before and it is most likely due to muscle spasm. Sometimes, when the muscle is starting to recover from the relaxation of the Botox, intermittent muscle spasm will occur. In my experience, it is short lived, usually a week or two. I have always seen it resolve completely and it should not interfere with future Botox treatments. Good luck.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Botox Lump

+1

This intermitent lump or swelling in the forehead is very unusual. I have injected over a a thousand patients and have never seen this problem. My best reason for this is that the initial needle stick injured a small vessel causing some scar tissue. This problem should go away over the next few months. I would suggest that you massage it daily.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD