Bump on Nostril and Asymmetry. Had a Rhinoplasty 15 Months Ago. Is This Swelling? (photo)

I have asymmetry on my nostrils. It appears as if the right nostril (which has the bump) has less skin on the nare than the left nostril. How can I get this fixed? Also the bump appears to not be inflammation but also appears to be skin rising. I had a rhinoplastic procedure done 15 months ago. Should I still have swelling on my tip? I am having such a difficult time finding a doctor who can get the job done.

Bump on Nostril and Asymmetry. Had a Rhinoplasty 15 Months Ago. Is This Swelling?

+1

No the posted photos show a FINAL result of the rhinoplasty. Best to obtain in person second opinions because photos CAN NOT show all the issues. 

Rhinoplasty and Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for your recent inquiry. The photographs show that you have some asymmetry of your tip and nostrils with a low hanging columella. These concerns can be fixed via a revision rhinoplasty. The majority if not all of the swelling is completely dissipated at this fifteen month period and you may want to discuss your concerns and questions with your surgeon during a follow up appointment. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Nostril Asymmetry 15 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for submitting the pictures. Swelling has resolved 15 months post rhinoplasty. You have asymmetry of your tip and nostrils with a hanging columella which can be improved by a surgeon experienced in revision rhinoplasty.

Nostril Bump

+1

Follow-up with your previous surgeon.  If you can not obtain the results that you desire, contact a Cosmetic Surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Bump At 15 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

At 15 months post-op, your bump should not be caused by swelling but more likely from tissue scarring. 

However, without physical examination it is hard to be sure about the nature of the bump you are expressing.

I recommend that you consult with your surgeon for an in-person evaluation as if it is a newly formed scar then corticosteroid injections may help to a certain degree.

Thank you for your post.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Swelling

+1

Perhaps something is pushing out from the right side.  Or, could be some scar.  Has your surgeon tried any steroid injections?  Talk to your surgeon.  He/she should know how to handle this.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon