Will bump on nose tip go down?

I ran into a habit of trying to shape my nose and push the tip up with my thumb. After doing this several times and very forcefully it became compulsive, and now due to this trauma there is a hard bump sticking out of the lesser alar cartilage and it hurts if touched. I believe its part of the cartilage. Will this require surgery or can it heal?

Will bump on the nose go down?

+1
I would recommend refraining from placing any additional pressure on the nose. An exam would be necessary to provide you with any specific advice. Answers to the following questions may help your physician provide you with advice:

1) How long has it been since you last placed any pressure on the nose?
2) How long has the bump been present?

Rhinoplasty can help with the issue you describe if it is not a result of swelling. If the bump is due to swelling, it will likely improve over time. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nasal tip

+1
I think that without an exam or photos, it is difficult to comment about what you are describing.  Best of luck in finding the right surgeon.

Will bump on nose tip go down?

+1
Pictures or an exam would be helpful for evaluation.  If this has been present for several months to several years, rhinoplasty may be the solution.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.