Bump on Nose Three Weeks Post Rhinoplasty?

I have a hard bump that still has not resolved. I had my open rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago. The bump is at the top of my nose, and it's visibly noticeable from the side. Will this go away? I'm confused why I don't have a completely smooth nose from the sideā€¦ visibly I have no "Swelling" and I don't have any bruising.

Bump on the nose 3 weeks after rhinoplasty?

+1

After 3 weeks, it is too soon to evaluate your result. You will still be experiencing swelling, which can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. Your surgeon should be able to answer any post-operative questions you have, as they know the details of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Too early to judge result at 3 weeks

+1

I would not be too concerned about having a bump on your nose at 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty.  You will need time for all of the swelling to subside.  

Nasal bump 3 weeks postop

+1

Without before and after photos, it will be difficult to provide you with a good answer for your concerns. You may be experiencing normal postoperative swelling. Hopefully, as the swelling subsides, your bump will resolve, as well. Thank you for sharing your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD