Bump on Nose 2 Months After Revision Rhinoplasty, Could This Still Be Swelling or Scar Tissue? (photo)

I broke my nose about 7 years ago and had septoplasty and rhinoplasty in two separate procedures to correct my deviated septum and remove a hump from the bridge. Post surgery there was a lump that began forming on the middle right hand side of my nose. My doctor informed me this was scar tissue. I waited over 2 years then decided to have a small revision to have this removed. I am now 2 months post op and so depressed as I have a bump on my nose again roughly where the previous lump was? Help!

Scarring after revison rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photos, it appears that the "bump"at the junction of your nasal bones and your upper cartilages. This obviously could be edema/swelling which can be treated with kenalog injections. If, in fact, you have a depression of the nasal bones, your "bump" may not have been scar tissue, but nasal cartilage. This would need to be addressed with another surgery or dermal fillers to camaflouge the "bump".

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on Nose 2 Months Post Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Without a physical examination it is difficult to explain your bump with any certainty but it does look like an irregularity of the underlying bones and/or cartilage. If your not satisfied with your surgeon's explanation and prognosis get a second opinion.

Bump on Nose 2 Months After Revision Rhinoplasty, Could This Still Be Swelling or Scar Tissue?

+1

It could still be swelling 2 months after a Rhinoplasty however, from the photo..the nasal bone above this appear appears depressed on both sides which may indicate the bump is residual upper lateral and septal cartilage along the nasal dorsum or bridge.