Bump on Nose Bridge After Rhinoplasty Revision? (photo)

I have recently had my revison rhinoplasty in about 3 weeks ago due to pinched nose tip since my primary surgery was done. Now i feel worried since swelling started to go down, I have noticed bump high on the bridge of the nose. Doctor has inserted "spreader grafts" I also wanted to get a wider bridge of the nose but think that nose look even narrower than before despite some swelling remains ! Will the bump go away? and can it be removed?

3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty and Bump

+1

3 weeks after rhinoplasty is too early to evaluate the bump.  Swelling is present and obfuscates other parameters.  Try not to come to conclusions before six months to one year.

Rhinoplasty and results

+1

At 3-4 weeks, it is a bit early to see the true final results. At least 6 months will be required before most of the swelling will come down, and then another six months before you see the final result.

Swelling persists for quite some time after revision rhinoplasty

+1

I can understand your anxiety but it is still way too soon to evaluate revision rhinoplasty results after 3 weeks. Becasue the lymphatic channels have previoulsy been interrupted the fluid shifts in the nose often take much longer to dissipate. This combined with the scar formation and remodeling often take 1 year or more to really stabilize. I often tell my patient to wait at least 6 months before that last 10-15% of swelling start to go away. Often times it takes a year or more to truly evaluate the shape and function of the nose. Hope this helps.

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon