I have a bump on nose bridge 10 months after Rhinoplasty. Is this normal?

10 months ago i got rhinoplasty surgery to shave down a big bump on my nose bridge. The surgery was an open rhinoplasty procedure. In the first 4-5 months i had no complaints and was satisfied that from the side profile of my face everything was straight. I am now noticing a bump on my nose bridge. Is this normal?

Bump on nose after rhinoplasty

+1
This residual bump is mostly bone or graft cartilage that appears after nasal swelling has subsided.

Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question. The bump that you are experiencing may be part of the graft or residual bone or cartilage. I would discuss with your plastic surgeon to see if they can tell you what the bump is. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

+1
   The bump may be residual tissue that can be trimmed or filed accordingly.

Los Angeles, CA..

Bump on nose bridge after rhinoplasty.

+1
Bump on nose bridge after rhinoplasty happens sometime as the swelling goes down. Your surgeon should be able to file this down under local anesthesia without any problem.

Bump

+1
I agree with Dr Seckel and would recommend your seeing your original surgeon for an evaluation 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nasal dorsum after rhinoplasty can be bone chip

+1
It is not uncommon that a small piece of bone or cartilage may be visible and palpable on the nasal dorsum as late is one year after rhinoplasty.

See her plastic surgeon who performed the rhinoplasty and inquire if a small revision can be done to remove the bump.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS