Bump to Nose 2 and a Half Weeks Post Op Rhinoplasty?

I'm 2 and a half weeks post op rhinoplasty and I accidently hit my nose a little with my hand and it didn't hurt but for the rest of the night I had a slight throbbing on the side I hit it on which was on the left side of my nasal bone and the next day it felt normal again but then a 1 month old baby I was holding accidently bumped his head on the right tip of my nose while holding him & again no pain but a slight throbbing on that side for the rest of the night. Will this affect the end result?

Nasal Trauma After Rhinoplasty

+2

Based on your description, at 2.5 weeks post surgery you are not quite well recovered. That being said, there should be no reason to panic thinking that your results were ruined and you will have a bad nose down the line.

Most likely, the hits that occurred may have little to no affect over the end results and only time will tell. I recommend that you be more careful and try to stay away from any situation where you may have increased risk of nasal trauma.

Finally, it is a good idea to keep monitoring your recovery pace and to have your surgeon in the loop of what happens to your nose.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Minor trauma may extend recovery

+1

It sounds like you had some minor trauma to your nose after your surgery.  During the healing process you nose will be more sensitive to little bumps and hits.  The swelling should go away and not affect your long term result.  You may want to ask your doctor about taping your nose to help make the swelling go away quicker.  If the 'hit' to your nose was bad enough it could have affected the bone.  Your doctor would be best to assess this for you.  Lastly, I tell my patients to imagine a force field around their face for the first 6 weeks after nose surgery and do your best to avoid kids, dogs, and team sports as these things expose you to risks of hitting your nose.