Bump on Nose After Rhinoplasty?

I had a Rhinoplasty done two months ago and wore glasses a few weeks after surgery. It seems to have left a small indent at the top of my nose bridge, and I feel that the left side of my nose has a bump while the right side is thinner. Is this a normal part of swelling? I don't seem to have much swelling and the bump isn't visible to the naked eye. I do feel it, however. Will the unevenness begin to show with time?

Massage May Help Bump On Nose After Rhinoplasty

+3

Thank you for your question. Small irregularities are common on the bridge of the nose after Rhinoplasty. Most remain invisible. I have found gentle massage early on after Rhinoplasty can help reduce these small bumps.

If bumps are visible after a year they can usually be removed with a minor procedure.

Bump After Rhinoplasty

+1

Given that you are two months out from your procedure, it is a little too early to tell if this bump that you are feeling will be visible once full healing occurs. I usually tell patients that it can take upwards of a  full year for things to fully settle down depending on the technique utilized.

Make sure you address your concern with your surgeon as he/she will better be able to tell how you are in the healing process and if anything can be done to address the residual bump.

Carlo Honrado, MD

Small indent on bridge after rhinoplasty

+1
It is very common to be able to feel, though not see any imperfection in the bridge or bone after rhinoplasty. It is true that after many years an imperfection that you might feel can become visible, though most often not. If there is a bump, or an edge, that is uncomfortalbe with glasses it can be smoothed out, though best to wait things out a full year.

Typical Early Findings After Rhinoplasty

+1

You are so early after surgery that such findings are very typical due to swelling and tissue healing across the bridge of the nose.  From your description it sounds like you will have a  great result as you get to six months after surgery where many of these minor issues dissipate.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Bumps on nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

Bumps on nose after rhinoplasty are common in the early healing phase. It takes 6-12 months for the last of the swelling to go to see the final nose.

Post Rhinoplasty swelling and bump

+1

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. You are still very early in the recovery phase and as the swelling dissipates you will be able to further determine if the bump will show to the visual eye or if it will just be palpable by touch. See your surgeon for frequent visits over the next few months as he/she will know best where you are in the recovery phase. Wishing you a quick recovery! Best regards! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD