Bump Under Nose After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty exactly three weeks ago--the doctor removed a hump on my nose and also added a bit or cartilage underneath. I am noticing small lumps on the left and right of my nose, slightly below the eyes. They were not there when the cast was removed and I was wondering if it is swelling or permanent (semi-hard lumps)? Also I'm noticing a small dent between my actual skin and where the cartilage was placed. Should I be concerned, or will that small dent resolve itself? Thank you!

Early rhinoplasty results

+1

At this time it is too early to tell if those bumps or hard lumps will persist. I would recommend that you address those concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon at this time as it may be something that can be addressed during the healing process if it is not a temporary process.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too Early To Assess Results Of Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Alicia,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

At less then a month post-op, it is too early to asses the results of your rhinoplasty.

Usually, it takes about 12 months after the procedure to establish final results.

The small lumps below your eyes are hard to examine through a photograph but they could be the result of the swelling that occurs after the surgery. However, I recommend that you have your surgeon take a look at the areas of concern to make sure that nothing is out of the ordinary.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Bump Under Nose After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Still very early in healing phase but I do see the bump. If after 6 months still there you need a revision. Sorry. 

Bump under nose after rhinoplasty

+1

You're quite early after surgery so it's hard to say if the lumps you're noticing are temporary. Your best bet is to have your surgeon check it out.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Bumps

+1

Three weeks!  Ask your doctor if he sees your problem and determine if time will correct it.  If you wish to see a Cosmetic Surgeon, thereafter, you will receive much expert advice at that time.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon