Bump on Nose After Rhinoplasty

I had open rhinoplasty two weeks ago to remove a bump from my nose, straighten out my septum and correct the boxy tip. At first I though it looked great, but then I discovered a significant bump on the right side of my nose.

Now the lines on the tip on that side of the nose have reappeared. So that side of my nose looks much like it did before thesurgery. The bump does not feel like swelling it feels like bone, just as the bump in my nose did prior to rhinoplasty. Can the bump still go away?

Two weeks after a rhinoplasty is too early to see a final result

+1

The concerns you express with the appearance of a bump on the right side of your nose might have some merit and it's possible you may need a revision.  Two weeks, however, following a rhinoplasty is still very early, and it is too soon to be sure that anything you are seeing is permanent.  

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks after rhinoplasty is too soon to suspect trouble.

+1

It's possible that your bump might need some more work.  However, 2 weeks after the operation is much too soon to make judgments.  Give it a number of months and note the changes.  If things are getting better, let time pass until the nose changes are completely stable.

Bump on Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Lake,

Best to discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  It does take months for the nose to settle after rhinoplasty, and nothing should be done to your nose before 6 to 12 months.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Bump after a rhinoplasty

+1

My suggestion to you is to not look at your nose critically for the next three months.  It will go through several postoperative changes, and it can take up to a year to see you final result.  You will drive yourself crazy looking at every change you see.  I know it's hard to hear, but just give it time.

Gary D. Breslow, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Healing after Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Lake Charles LA, To answer your question concisely, Yes, small areas that feel or look like a ridge or bump can improve over time. 

As hard as it may be, having patience and not spending too much time worrying is important.  During this initial period after your rhinoplasty, the surgical swelling is going down and the new structure in your nose is only beginning a remodeling process that will last for many months.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Best Wishes in the New Year. 

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon