Bump on my Nose - Too Young for a Nose Job?

Hi, I'm almost 15 years old, I have a moderate bump on my nose. It has developed over the past four years and it greatly affecting my self confidence. All my family have straight noses and I would like to know if I am too young to have a nose job, also, it is possible to have one on the nhs? Also, sometimes I cannot breathe through my left nostril, it happens a lot, does this help? I get bullied because of my nose and I feel very down and feel as though I have to hide it, please help!

Wait until facial growth complete before considering rhinoplasty for bump on

Thank you for your question. Be reassured that the nasal bump can be removed to improve your nose profile. However you should wait until you're nasal bones and has stopped growing which usually is around 18 years of age.

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

How old is old enough?

Hello. For girls I like to wait 2 years after the first menstrual cycle to have a rhinoplasty and for boys I wait a little bit longer usually around age 18.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

307 South MacDill Ave
Tampa, FL 33609

Age for Rhinoplasty Surgery

Usually we want young ladies to be at least 14-16 years old and young men to be 16-18. You will need parental or guardian support.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty on teenagers can be quite rewarding if you are ready

There are a number of factors we weigh when deciding if you are old enough to have rhinoplasty. First is how much you have grown in the past year. If you are past your growth spurt and not expected to grow any more, you might be ready. Many girls are almost at their adult height by 15 to 16. Boys may need to wait until they are 16-17.

A big factor is also emotional development. Is this a mature decision or as a result of one or two incidents. Rhinoplasty should not be about gaining emotional stability but an improved self image often results, far outstripping the physical result.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

521 Park Ave
New York, NY 10065

Age criteria for Rhinoplasty

Many surgeons feel comfortable doing rhinoplasty in girls at age 15.  However, I personally feel that it is too young a age.

I like to wait at least till age 16. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

7777 Forest Ln
Dallas, TX 75230

Age to get a rhinoplasty.

It depends whether or not you are male or female. Females can be done at 14 years of age whereas males normally wait until they are 18 years of age or even more if they are still growing.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210