Can This Bump on my Nose Be Reduced?

The only thing I dislike about my facial features is the bump in the middle of my nose. Is there a procedure to minimalize it?

Rhinoplasty surgery can reduce your bump

+1

Most bumps can be improved with Rhinoplasty Surgery. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for this procedure.

Nasal hump reduction

+1

If your only concern is a prominent nasal hump, then it may very well be possible to do a limited rhinoplasty to take down the hump and then close the resultant open roof that forms with osteotomies. I would consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon in your area.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, you can have a nose job/rhinoplasty. It is a relatively painless procedure that takes about one hour to complete.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Limited Rhinoplasty Can Correct Bump on Nose

+1

A limited rhinoplasty can easily correct this problem, I recommend a full evaluation of your nose to make sure that once there, a small adjunct correction would not enhance the result further.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

Treatment of dorsal bump

+1

The procedure is called rhinoplasty or nose job. It takes care of the bump and  smooths it out. I normally do it under general anesthesia and as outpatient procedure.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Dorsal Bump

+1

The bump can be eliminated by a simple rasping. At the time of your consultation be very specific with your surgeon and let him know that your only interest is eliminating the bump. This is a simple correction that can be done under local and I.V. sedation or general anesthesia. Be sure to select a board certified facial plastic surgeon. I would also suggest looking at his/her before and after photos before you schedule your procedure.

David Alessi, MD

Nasal dorsum reduction.

+1

Rhinoplasty or nasal reshaping surgery can be performed to modify one or multiple features of the nose.  If all you desire is to reduce or eliminate the bump on the bridge of your nose (dorsal hump), then this is possible.  The extent of surgery will depend on the size of the dorsal hump and the degree to which you want it reduced.  It would be wise to consider all of the options regarding rhinoplasty before making a final decision.  Qualified and experienced surgeons can help you explore these options.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump correction

+1

Dorsal hump correction is one of the most common reasons rhinoplasty surgery is performed for. If it is just the matter on dorsal hump reduction, then the surgery is very straightforward and should be done under an hour.  Please get a consultation with rhinoplasty specialist who will be able to help you with this problem.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Can Bump on Nose be Reduced

+1

The bump should not be reduced, it should be eliminated. A limited rhinoplasty will achieve what you want. Select an experienced surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery and has results you like.

Nose

+1

Hello Ashley

Yes there is a procedure called RhinoPlasty it shaves down that hump on your nose. It is done under general anesthesia and you can actually see the procedure done in 3d animation on our website. That procedure further refines your profile view.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS