I Never Had a Bump on my Nose, Why Do I Have It Now ?

So when I was younger ( like 8,9,10 ) , I had a preety normal nose. But , about 2-3 years ago I realised my nose has a big bump in a middle ? Why ? I'm 13 now and it really bothers me. Will that bump go away ? Why did it even show up ? I looked at some photos when I was 10 my nose is 'normal' without any bumps :( My younger sister has a preety nose ( like the one I had ) , will her nose change in puberty , too ?

Nasal changes

+2

As one goes through puberty the nose and jaw tend to grow more and later than most of the other facial structures.

+2

At thirteen years of age your body is still growing and developing.  You have bone as well as cartilage in your nose.

Developing Nasl Hump with Physical Maturity

+2

Our bodies change as we physically mature. Your experience is not unusual; that is why, whenever possible, we wait until after puberty to do rhinoplasty surgery. It is unlikely that your bump will go away.  All sisters do not look the same so she will have to wait until she's physically mature.

Nasal Bump Forms At Age 13

+1

Dear Elsie,

At age 13 you are still having facial bone growth. Usually by the age 16-17, your nose should be fully developed.

So, I suggest that you be patient and wait till you have completed full nasal growth. Only then that you be able to judge how your nose will look like.

Best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Nasal Bump

+1

I can tell that this is unpleasant for you, so sorry. I have to tell you that this bump will not go away. It's hard to say if your sister will develop one, this can be hereditary (Jessica and Ashley Simpson). The good news is that in just a few years it can be corrected. When that time comes schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. You are too young yet.