I have had a bump behind my ear for 4 years and it's starting to get worse, what could it be? (photo)

I noticed about 4 years ago a bump on the back of my conchal bowl that had never been there before. I thought it may have been a pimple and tried to squeeze it but it just hurt. Not too long after I tried squeezing it again and white stuff/clear liquid came out and then started bleeding and the bump was gone. A few days later it was back and has never left. Now if I squeeze it just blood will come out and it will hurt for a few seconds. All around it the skin behind my hear is dry and peeling.

Bump on the back of the ear

+1
This could easily be a benign growth such as a mole or a cyst but to be safe, you should be carefully evaluated by a board certified dermatologist. It would be an extremely simple five minute procedure for a dermatologist to remove this growth using a "shave" technique which typically leaves a minimal scar. The growth can then be checked microscopically for reassurance.Please use the ABCDE's as your guide for when to be concerned about moles: A for Asymmetry; B for Irregular Borders; C for Black or uneven Colors; D fordiameter greater than a pencil eraser; and E for a growth that is Evolving or changing.
You can follow the video link below to learn more about identifying the changes in moles that are suspicious for skin cancer.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon