What's this bump on my bridge? (photo)

Seven weeks ago I had rhinoplasty to correct my crooked nose and remove the "beak" . A few weeks ago things were shaping up nicely, however, now a lump has formed at the top of the bridge of my nose. Is this part of the healing?

Yes it could be just inflamation

+1

yes it might be properly corrected with local ultrasound and an spetial gel perhaps just with automanual massage with gel

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

New bump status post rhinoplasy

+1

Salzapal, This looks like regrowth of your rhinion. See your physician. Usually taping this, massage and judicious use of steroid injections will solve this problem. Occasionally, this will need to be rasped again; this is usually done a year or so after your original surgery. I do about 100 noses a year and see this in about 10% of my cases but only rasp about 1-2/ year. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty hump

+1
A hump at the rhinion level can be new bony growth, scar tissue or cartilage that has moved during healing process. If it feels hard like bone then only option is to shave it down. If it is scar tissue then kenalog injection will help. Regards Dr. J Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

What's this bump on my bridge?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.