3 Months Post Rhinoplasty: Still Have a Bump

i had a septo-rhinoplasty 3 months ago. the swelling has done down a lot but I can feel and see a small bump still on the bridge of my nose. I can feel the bump more than I can see it. I also banged my nose a week ago (from walking into a cupboard) could I have broke it again?

Rhinoplasty and clet lip and palate

+2

Given that you are only three months out, youy should wait more time to see the final result.  If the bump gets "exposed" with dimninishing swelling, then you may need a revision.

Bump after rhinoplasty

+2

From the looks  of your nose it is still healing.  There may be a small residual hump and a revision under anesthesia, perhaps small, may be indicated after waiting a few more months.  Patience is your friend at this point.

Talmage J, Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Post op fullness

+1
While I see some dorsal fullness, your nose is still recovering at 3 months. The contour will slowly improve. However, at times the dorsum is undercorrected and requires a revision. This can only be properly assessed at 1 year.

Avron Lipschitz, MD
Stuart Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to tell

+1
A bump after rhinoplasty may be due to swelling. Expect at least one year to see the result. Sometimes scar tissue can form where your bump use to be. A steroid injection can sometimes minimize that.

Good luck!

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Small dorsal bump

+1
Small irregularities rarely appear after rhinoplasty.  A small rasping procedure should be able to correct this.  Consult with your plastic surgeon.  Best wishes!

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

I think so long as you can't see the bump it is fine. As far as running into the cupboard I think it is unlikely that it did any damage.

David E. Kim, MD

Bump and swelling after my rhinoplasty

+1

Dear rhinoplasty patient,
I did review your after picture. I agree with you that there is small degree of dorsal bump. Since your surgery was performed not too long ago, there is some degree of swelling.  Swelling following rhinoplasty will resolve over time, in most cases it takes up to one year to see the final results. I would recommend not rushing to any revision rhinoplasty. Be in touch with your surgeon and see what he recommends.  Good luck and good healing. Dr. Kevin Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO

+1

The injuy could have worsened the "supratip" deformity. You will need revision after 6 months postop. See your surgeon to discuss. 

A bump you can feel after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not unusual to be able to feel a small bump or imperfection on the bridge of the nose after rhinoplasty. At three months if you can see it there is a risk that it may need a small revision to smooth it down. A bump on the nose is unlikely to cause a fracture and by now you can participate in any activity you wish.

peterejohnsonmd

Bump After Rhinoplasty

+1

I see from your photograph that a small bump exists on the top of your nose.  It is very common to feel small bumps after a rhinoplasty but they shouldn't be large enough to see (assuming that is what the goal of surgery was).  I don't know how hard you hit your nose on the cupboard to comment specifically.  From my experience, I doubt that hump is from the cupboard but rather a residual from the surgery.

If you still have a bump 12 months after surgery you will need to consider keeping that bump or having a revision surgery.  Even if you determine that the bump will need surgery for sure, you should not have the surgery until one year (or more) after the original surgery.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon