3 Months Post Rhinoplasty: Still Have a Bump

i had a septo-rhinoplasty 3 months ago. the swelling has done down a lot but I can feel and see a small bump still on the bridge of my nose. I can feel the bump more than I can see it. I also banged my nose a week ago (from walking into a cupboard) could I have broke it again?

Rhinoplasty and clet lip and palate

+2

Given that you are only three months out, youy should wait more time to see the final result.  If the bump gets "exposed" with dimninishing swelling, then you may need a revision.

Bump after rhinoplasty

+2

From the looks  of your nose it is still healing.  There may be a small residual hump and a revision under anesthesia, perhaps small, may be indicated after waiting a few more months.  Patience is your friend at this point.

Talmage J, Raine MD FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1

I think so long as you can't see the bump it is fine. As far as running into the cupboard I think it is unlikely that it did any damage.

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhillsplasticsurgery.com

Bump and swelling after my rhinoplasty

+1

Dear rhinoplasty patient,
I did review your after picture. I agree with you that there is small degree of dorsal bump. Since your surgery was performed not too long ago, there is some degree of swelling.  Swelling following rhinoplasty will resolve over time, in most cases it takes up to one year to see the final results. I would recommend not rushing to any revision rhinoplasty. Be in touch with your surgeon and see what he recommends.  Good luck and good healing. Dr. Kevin Sadati

Web reference: http://www.galleryofcosmeticsurgery.com/blog/before-and-after-gallery/rhinoplasty.html

+1

The injuy could have worsened the "supratip" deformity. You will need revision after 6 months postop. See your surgeon to discuss. 

A bump you can feel after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not unusual to be able to feel a small bump or imperfection on the bridge of the nose after rhinoplasty. At three months if you can see it there is a risk that it may need a small revision to smooth it down. A bump on the nose is unlikely to cause a fracture and by now you can participate in any activity you wish.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Bump After Rhinoplasty

+1

I see from your photograph that a small bump exists on the top of your nose.  It is very common to feel small bumps after a rhinoplasty but they shouldn't be large enough to see (assuming that is what the goal of surgery was).  I don't know how hard you hit your nose on the cupboard to comment specifically.  From my experience, I doubt that hump is from the cupboard but rather a residual from the surgery.

If you still have a bump 12 months after surgery you will need to consider keeping that bump or having a revision surgery.  Even if you determine that the bump will need surgery for sure, you should not have the surgery until one year (or more) after the original surgery.

Web reference: http://www.dr-apo.com/surgical-procedures/rhinoplasty/

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

While I can see a small bump it is hard to tell whether is could be from bumping your nose and having re-injured it, whether it is residual swelling, or if it is merely a bump left over from the surgery.  In terms of assessing facial/nasal esthetics the photos would need to be much more accurate and I would not even attempt to comment on that.  Unless the nose is significantly deviated or you think it is broken, there is probably nothing to do at this point other than watch.  I would definitely call your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns or even go see him or her in follow up if you are concerned.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster from Boca Raton.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

For where you are in your recovery, you should expect to have some swelling left.  It is possible that what you see is around the area where the most work was done, and the soft tissues overyling it may be swollen still.  Obviously, you have to be careful about bumping into things after surgery.  You should show your surgeon because he may want to check that everything is where it should be.

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Healing

+1

Three months after Rhinoplasty, a certain amount of swelling remains and will take several more months to subside.  Be less concerned about palpable bumps than those that are visible and try to avoid bumping your nose which can prolong the process of inflammation.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon