Is a Bump on the Lateral Side Normal After Capsulorhhaphy?

I had a BA revision (saline to silicone, unders) w/ capsulorhhaphy to fix lat shift and lat rippling, R worse than L. Apparently more significant repair was made to the R side. I feel & see a bump now, feels kind of squishy, on the lateral R side. I started feeling it about a week and a half after surgery. (I'm 3 wks out now). What can this be and will it get better? Also, now I see rippling on both sides anteromedially. Can I do anything to make the rippling better/prevent from getting worse?

Bump after capsulorrhaphy

+1

You plastic surgeon should be able to examine you and determine the cause of the bump. It is is in the area where sutures were put into the capsule, then it could simply be sutures or repaired capsule which will get better over time.

Bump on breast after touch up

+1

From your description, it sounds as if you are a thin individual with minimal subcutaneous fat and native breast tissue. A capsulorrhaphy will shift the implant from the outer portions of your chest towards the middle of your chest. In a thin individual rippling may then be visible and is not always avoidable. Fat grafting in controversial in this area and could lead to other problems and is generally reserved for breast reconstruction. The folds you describe are normal immediately after this type of repair and tend to resolve over 2-3 months. However they could also be due to an implant fold. Allow time for resolution of healing.

Bump after augmentation

+1

A bump can be a lot of different things.  It may be as simple as a suture. But the best way to figure this out is to have your surgeon evaluate you.