Bump/indentation on my Bridge 10 Weeks After Rhinoplasty? What is It? (photo)

I can't eat or sleep because of how devestated I am over my rhinoplasty. The plan was to narrow my nose and define the tip. I now have a bump on y left bridge and a huge tip. Please help

Bump on bridge 10 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

10 weeks is still soon after your surgery, and swelling will be a factor. Swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months following your surgery. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it can take some time. In the meantime, your surgeon should be able to address any post-operative concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

10 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Although you should wait at least a year before revising your nose, you should always address your concerns to your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to know what was done and how to proceed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bump/indentation on my Bridge 10 Weeks After Rhinoplasty? What is It?

+1

You should have this conversation with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon as only he/she knows what was done to your nose during your Rhinoplasty.

Your nose still appears swollen 10 weeks after your rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

The indentation along your left bridge may improve as your swelling continues to resolve. If your tip is wider postoperatively, this too may be a result of persistent swelling.

If you're dissatisfied with the appearance of your nose in around 3 months, you could consult several reputable rhinoplasty surgeons to see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Poorly position and to distance of posted photos. But yes I see your issues. BUT too early to comment. Allow 3 months of healing than seek in person second opinions. 

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

The bump on your left bridge looks to be over the nasal bone.  This can happen sometimes if the bone drifts laterally from swelling initially.  I will sometimes have patients massage bones to keep them from pushing out.  Also, you appear to have moderately thick tip skin that will certainly take a while to show definition.  It's definitely too early to be upset about.  I think your profile looks fine from the picture you provided.  You should voice your concerns to your surgeon - and get some sleep!

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Low Dorsum and Bulbous Tip

+1

Hi,

At 10 weeks you still may have a little swelling. However, it looks like you had too much taken off the bridge and not enough tip work which lift you with a bulbous tip and flat dorsum.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS