There's a Bump in my Nose 2 Months Post Rhino? (photo)

hello there please help me i had my nose done two months ago and now i see in the mirror side ways and i can see a bump in my left side of my nose i touched it and is hard like a little ball? does this requiere a second surgery?

Bump In Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. It is important that you are patient with the healing process. The majority of swelling reduces after three months, but it takes up to a year for the healing process to complete. The nose will continue to change throughout the year. It is likely that the bump will fade or disappear, but if it persists after one year you should meet with your doctor about revision surgery. If you have unusual pain or swelling you should contact your doctor immediately.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Nasal Bump At 2 Months Post Surgery

+1

Hi,

At 2 months post-surgery, it is too early to assess the results of your rhinoplasty.

Usually, it takes about 12 months for the end results to get established and all irregularities to fade way.

I recommend that you be a little more patient and to keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress.

Thank you for sharing your photo and for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

There's a Bump

+1

Maybe, but see your surgeon first and explain your concerns to him.  Perhaps time will help the situation.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your picture is very difficult to see what you are describing. Visually you appear to have had a nice result. It is extremely early to know what your final result will be. I have Rhinoplasty patients mention al the time that they can feel bumps and irregularities that do resolve over the course of 6-12 months. Keep in mind it takes scar tissue 12 months to mature. If indeed there is a residual bump then yes you might need a small revision that would likely be nothing compared to your original surgery. I do not know if you had an open or closed rhinoplasty but I do mine all open and the skin envelope usually takes many months before it settles and shows the true shape of the underlying bone and cartilage changes made. Talk to your surgeon for comfort, but they will probably tell you to sit on this for 6-12 months.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Post rhinoplasty two months to soon to tell

+1
It is to soon to tell if you need revision surgery. Allow your nose some time to heal and in six months have a rediscuss with your surgeon if your concerns still stand. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD