Bump on Forehead. How Can I Get It Removed Without a Scar?

Ten years ago, I recieved an injury to my forehead, which resulted in a bump forming in the middle of it. This left me with a huge, but painless bruise on my forehead. When I touch it feels like some rubbery substance caught in between my skin and skull. It is unsightly and impacts greatly on my overall facial image. I was wondering what procedures are available out there for me to have a normal flat forehead without resulting in a scar? I was wondering if liposuction could be an option?

Painless, Growing Forehead Tumor years after an Injury

+2

Regarding: "Bump on Forehead. How Can I Get It Removed Without a Scar?
Ten years ago, I recieved an injury to my forehead, which resulted in a bump forming in the middle of it
. This left me with a huge, but painless bruise on my forehead. When I touch it feels like some rubbery substance caught in between my skin and skull. It is unsightly and impacts greatly on my overall facial image. I was wondering what procedures are available out there for me to have a normal flat forehead without resulting in a scar? I was wondering if liposuction could be an option
?"

You most likely have either an inclusion cyst or a sebaceous cyst. The former happens when skin cells are pushed under the skin and keep on multiplying. With time a mass forms which grows larger and deforms everything around it. These occasionally become infected and drain only to heal and grow.The cure rests in being able to remove the whole mass with its envelope. Draining it or partially removing it will temporarily flatten the area but it will continue to grow.

The only effective way to get rid of this is with a forehead scar. If you are willing to accept a temporary flattening but subsequent re-appearance and growth then it can be suctioned through a scar hidden in the brow or hairline.

Finally, in the vast majority of cases these are benign masses but there is always a very small chance that this may be unrelated to the injury and may be cancerous. The tissue should be sent for pathological evaluation to eliminate this very remote possibility.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Removal of forehead lump without visible scar possible

+1

Dear jganer - Depending on the cause of the lump it might be possible to remove without a visible scar. If this were an osteoma (does not sound like this based on your description) an incision behind the hairline can be used to remove it. If this is a cystic mass, like my colleagues have described, I would agree that removal would require a scar on the forehead but if you have forehead wrinkles the scar heals quite well.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/request-consultation/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on forehead

+1

Without an exam, it would be difficult to tell you. You may need other diagnostic studies to figure out what the bump is.

Bump on Forehead. How Can I Get It Removed Without a Scar

+1

Very hard to diagnose over the internet and without a photo. Seek in person opinions. But I doubt you can remove or improve without surgery and an incision.