Can Bump Be Fixed with out Open Nose Surgery?

i had cartlidge graft placed to reshap nostril. i have bump on right side nostril rim.(about a 16th of an inch difference from the left nostril) i am only 6wks post op , but if problem does not improve within time, is this something that can be fixed with minor surgery(possibly minor incision to file down graft) or would it need another open nose surgery procedure? *who knew that a little bump could drive you crazy*

Fixing bump following rhinoplasty

+2

It is advised to wait at least one year before having any revision work performed. Your nose will swollen following surgery, and this can influence the appearance of the final result. An exam would really be necessary to provide you with any specific advice. It can take 18-24 months before the final result of your surgery is evident. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon to see what they advise, as they know the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Too early

+2

As my headline states, it's too early to assess the area and make any decisions. That's the most common problem is that patients are anxious to see their results.  Once the area has healed, which will be closer to six months than six weeks and may be longer depending on your body and how it has responded to the procedure, there are many options your plastic surgeon can discuss with you. It is important that you continue with follow up visits to monitor your progress at this stage and be less concerned about what you can do in the future. You may not need anything further once you see the final healed results.

Cartilage graft visible 6 weeks post rhinoplasty

+2

Six weeks is early iin the healing process.  Grafts usually can be adjusted through small incisions in a minimally invasive way.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump after Nostril Cartilage Graft

+2

First of all, it is much to early to evaluate your result - you're just 6 weeks after surgery. Although I have not seen you or pictures the graft can probably be trimmed without an open approach.

Bump with Cartilage Graft at 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+2

Palpability or visibility of a cartilage graft is always a possibility, but 6 weeks is too early.  The graft may be removed or reduced in size in the future through a small incision.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php