Bump Due to Callus? Or Too Much Tip Reduction? (photo)

It's been exactly 2 weeks since my revision Rhino. I did hump removal and Tip refinement. I know I'm going to be told it's too early to determine, but since last week my nose is only looking worse as my tip swelling goes down. The bone on the top is getting very prominent, and I'm not sure it's because too much tip cartilage taken out, or my bone is forming a Callus. I also have a big dent on right side of the tip. Which is looking worse as time goes by as well.

Callus Formation after Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

It may be that you had a hump removed without osteotomies and your developing an open roof deformity with lateral nasal bone prominence. I would give it another 2 months to let the swelling go down.

Dr.S.

Callus formation and Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

The photos you submitted give a very limited view of the profile, so it is hard to comment. It would be helpful to see right and left side profile pics.

As for the tip, it appears that the dents are due to the way the lower lateral cartilages were position and possibly trimmed. From this limited photos I do not believe those dents are from swelling.

I would recommend close follow up or second opinion from an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Good luck,

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump Due to Callus? Or Too Much Tip Reduction?

+1

You are spot on that it is too early to determine. I don't think that you are forming a callus and the areas of concern might very well be due simply to swelling. Asymmetries are not at all unusual in the early post-operative period. I recommend that you return to your Facial Plastic Surgeon for evaluation and pose to them your questions. Right now, reassurance is in order as you heal. I hope that things improve for you as your swelling resolves. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon