I Still Have a Bump on the Bridge of my Nose 7 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

I have been to see my surgeon about this and he has told me it is unlikely that it is swelling and that a bone might have moved. I am concerned about how this could have happened. 1 week after, when i got the splint removed there was still a slight bump but is really quite obvious now. I am concerned that i might have caused this, as i stupidly went down a reasonably small water slide 3 weeks after the procedure. Any advice?

Bump on nose after rhinoplasty

+1

A bump that occurs after rhinoplasty can be due to a number of factors. It could be scar tissue, a displaced graft, residual hump, or displaced bone. Regardless of the cause, I would recommend waiting at least six months after surgery before considering a revision. Noses can go through considerable changes and refinement during this time. If it still bothers you greatly, discuss your desire to have it addressed with your rhinoplasty surgeon. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on Nose 7 Weeks After Rhinoplasty, 4 Weeks After Water Slide

+1

Hi Brodie,

Go down the water slide again, maybe you will knock the bone back in place.  Just kidding, there is not anything to be done at this point.  If you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your nose 6 to 12 months from now, then you can speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon regarding revision rhinoplasty.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Bump on Nasal Bridge 7 Weeks Post-op

+1

No surgery is perfect all the time. You'll never know if any post-op trauma caused the problem, but that is unlikely. Wait until at least 6 months after surgery to determine if a small revision will be necessary.