Bump on Bridge of Nose Eight Months Post Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I underwent an open Rhinoplasty eight months ago, and for the first four months the results looked promising. There was still a lot of swelling, especially in the tip, but I liked the overall shape. But within month five a small spongy bump developed on the (if you are looking at me straight on) right side of my bridge. If I pressed on it, it would go down. Three months after that it is a lot bigger, very noticeable and hard. It is also making my nose look asymmetrical. What is it? Thanks.

Post rhinoplasty bump

+1

There is some swelling in the subcutaneous dorsum. Have your surgeon feel the bump as sometimes steroid injections will work to flatten it over 1 month. Sometimes I mix steroid injections with 5FU

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

May still improve

+1

Hello. At eight months you are not at your final result and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. For minor irregularities such as yours massaging can improve the appearance. Just try to be patient.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/nose-job-rhinoplasty-7196

Bump on Bridge of Nose Eight Months Post Rhinoplasty?

+1

Yes you have an issue that needs IN PERSON examination and surgical revision. Seek your first doc to see you or obtain second opinions in your city from boarded surgeons! 

Rhinoplasty at 8 months with a bump on the bridge.

+1

This is probably the none that your surgeon can file down with a little local anesthesia.