Bump on Bridge of Nose After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am 11 days post op from having a septoplasty, turbinectomy, and rhinoplasty to narrow my nostrils and tip and remove the hump on my nose. When I got my cast off even with the swelling I was so excited about my new nose until I turned to the side. There is a bump on the bridge of my nose under some bruising and while it is a huge inprovement from my old nose, it is still bothering me a lot. I am obsessing over it and I'm scared that it's bone and I'll have to go through everything again ):

Bump on Bridge of Nose After Rhinoplasty?

+2

You have a nice improvement thus far, and the bruising over that area will add the volume of that area temporarily.  Swelling over the dorsum typically resolves more quickly than the swelling of the tip but this can still take 6 months or so.  At 10 days, you must be patient and give it more time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

A small bump on the nose after rhinoplasty 10 days is common.

+2

Dorsal bombs usually occur at the junction of the bony and cartilaginous vaults of the nose. Postoperatively, there is often a bit of excess swelling in this area creating an observable bump. This generally results completely with time.

Bump on bridge after rhinoplasty

+2

Hello, it's very common to have a little bump on your bridge after rhinoplasty, but almost always is just the normal swelling, I saw your pictures and I think you look great, just wait a couple of weeks.

Edgar Santos, MD
Mexico Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on bridge after rhinoplasty

+1

11 days is still very soon after your surgery, and there will be swelling present. Swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, 70% of the swelling will be resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder will go down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months following surgery. I would recommend waiting a bit and seeing how you heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD