Bump on Bridge of Nose 17 Months After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had open rhinoplasty June 2011. I saw my doctor 6 months ago and he said this swelling should eventually go away, but it hasn't and I'm really worried. The bump is very red and swollen, making it noticeable. Is this something that will go away eventually? If not, what can be done that isn't revision surgery (don't have enough money for that)?

Nasal Swelling

+1

Nasal swelling can for a good two years after an open rhinoplasty.  If your surgeon is concerned that there is residual swelling, I would advise patience.  At two years post-op; however, if the bump remains then I would consider a touch up operation.  Best of luck.

Bump on nose 1+ year post-rhinoplasty

+1

Given that you're over a year out from your surgery and the bump not resolved, I highly suggest you schedule a follow-up appointment with your surgery. Depending on the cause, there are steps your surgeon may be able to take to improve the condition.

Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Bump on Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

At this point in time it is unlikely that the bump will resolve on its own. What concerns me more is that you described some redness. This often times makes us worried there is some type of tissue reaction ongoing. I would have this evaluated fairly soon to ensure there is no inflammation and/or infection. Short of this, you can have a minor touch-up procedure done in the office that can help reduce the contour. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on Nasal Bridge 17 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikely that your bump will spontaneously resolve 17 months after your surgery. If this is residual bone it can be removed by filing the bridge. Your surgeon may be willing to correct this for a minimal charge.