Bump on bridge of my nose after rhinoplasty- will it straighten out?

I had rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. I know its too early as its still way too swollen, but there's a bump on the bridge of my nose, I've been told that its all due to swelling and it will straighten out, but will that really happen? I had my cast removed 8 days after surgery and i remember still seeing bump. Its not that obvious, but for me its obvious enough to upset me. It feels as hard as a bone. Will this really straighten out? :( Many thanks

Nasal bump following rhinoplasty

+1
The bump you're seeing on your nose could be related to swelling or there could be residual bone or cartilage if part of your rhinoplasty involved removing or reducing a bump.  In any case, it would be wisest to wait and follow up with your physician for a few months before making any judgments regarding your nose.
Good luck!

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1
Two weeks is still too early to know what the end result will look like. I tell my patients that we cannot really make any assessments until about 6 months after surgery.  I know its hard, but be patient.  Best of luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Post operative healing after rhinoplasty

+1

Considering you are only 2 weeks out from a rhinoplasty, having little bumps along the bridge is normal.  It is typically due to the swelling.  With time it should go down assuming that there is not any cartilage/bone under the skin.  Be patient and continue to follow-up with your surgeon. 

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Bump Post Rhinoplasty

+1
Yes, sometimes these bumps are a result of a little swelling or surgical debris. Be patient, give it time, and consult your surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon