Bump on bridge of my nose after rhinoplasty- will it straighten out?

I had rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. I know its too early as its still way too swollen, but there's a bump on the bridge of my nose, I've been told that its all due to swelling and it will straighten out, but will that really happen? I had my cast removed 8 days after surgery and i remember still seeing bump. Its not that obvious, but for me its obvious enough to upset me. It feels as hard as a bone. Will this really straighten out? :( Many thanks

Nasal bump following rhinoplasty

The bump you're seeing on your nose could be related to swelling or there could be residual bone or cartilage if part of your rhinoplasty involved removing or reducing a bump.  In any case, it would be wisest to wait and follow up with your physician for a few months before making any judgments regarding your nose.
Good luck!

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks after rhinoplasty

Two weeks is still too early to know what the end result will look like. I tell my patients that we cannot really make any assessments until about 6 months after surgery.  I know its hard, but be patient.  Best of luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Post operative healing after rhinoplasty

Considering you are only 2 weeks out from a rhinoplasty, having little bumps along the bridge is normal.  It is typically due to the swelling.  With time it should go down assuming that there is not any cartilage/bone under the skin.  Be patient and continue to follow-up with your surgeon. 

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Bump Post Rhinoplasty

Yes, sometimes these bumps are a result of a little swelling or surgical debris. Be patient, give it time, and consult your surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon