Bump on bridge after septorhinoplasty 9 days post op. Will it be permanent? (Photo)

bruise and bump on my bridge as soon as cast removed. It feels like bone and the ENT has told me to keep an eye on it. instant reaction when he removed it was he has not seen this in a long time. Will it be permanent? Before the op I never had a bump on my bridge it was smooth but he rasped and did osteotomies to lower my bridge. Straight after before he put the cast on he took photographs which he showed me later and there were no bumps then. top of the bridge between the eyes also looks wider.

Too early to get the final results

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and what you are experiencing is normal especially that swelling takes time to subside as it masks the results of your surgery.

With the picture posted, the lack of surgical details and the inability to perform a physical exam it is not possible to provide you with a definitive medical answer.

It is important to keep in mind that it is early to pass a judgment. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself and to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendations at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling resolves, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and please remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Bump on bridge after septorhinoplasty 9 days post op. Will it be permanent?

You are following with your surgeon, which is good.  9 days is very early to make a determination about the final result.