Bump on Bridge After Bone Removed in Rhinoplasty?

Hi, i got a rhinoplasty five weeks ago , i noticed a bump on the bridge , its not that hard , i dont know if its a bone or not , so i asked my doctor who told me that he removed a bone from the bridge and this will smooth by time . Could this be true , or he is just telling me that to make me calm down ? Is removing a bone can leave a bump or bone ?

Bump on nose after rhinoplasty

+2
  • When a rhinoplasty removes excess bone and cartilage causing a bump on the nose, the body heals the surgery by depositing protein.
  • this protein forms a fullness where you had the original bump.
  • it doesn't sound as though your surgeon is lying to you.
  • Light massage may help.
  • It may take a year or longer to completely subside.
  • Hope this helps!

Bump on Bridge after Rhinoplasty

+2

If the bump is caused by soft tissue swelling, it will settle down completely or significantly improve by the end of six months post-op.

Web reference: http://www.torontofacialcosmeticdrc.com/rhinoplasty-procedure.html

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump after Rhinoplasty

+1

Your surgeon was telling you the truth, and these bumps due to tend to reduce with time as swelling reduces.

Traumatic bump on nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It is very common to have some callus formation or soft tissue growth after removing a hump or bony elevation during rhinoplasty. This typically resolves with time but can incite new bone growth. I recommend to my patients to firmly tape that area for about two months after surgery combined with light massage. However, I would check with your surgeon first to see if that is appropriate treatment for you. Good luck.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Some irregularity or bumps under the skin may be felt after recent rhinoplasty. As your nose heals some of these may go away.  Give it time.

Bump on Bridge after Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Wallody, I believe I answered a question from you earlier regarding placing ice on this bump for help in reduction of swelling? Again without direct examination and knowing what the bump is caused from it is hard to state. If it is bone or cartilage it may not resolve itself and need a secondary procedure depending upon how you heal. It may be soft tissue swelling which will resolve in time. For now I would trust your surgeon and keep a good follow up schedule to help provide you with peace of mind during this recovery phase. If you have concerns you may always have a second opinion however at five weeks post surgery I do not think this is necessary. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Swelling after rhinoplasty clears up.

+1

Hi.

Hard to be sure without pictures, but your surgeon is probably right.  You should look a lot better in a few months.