Bump on the Bridge After Rhinoplasty

hi,iam 36 female,i had a rhinoplasty about 3 months ago it was to remove a bump(big bone)on the bridge& to elevate &decrease the length of the tip.i noticed that there is a small bump on the bridge,and now it is noticable.my DOC said it is the side cartilages he advised me to press it about 4 times aday but it became bigger,he said to ignore it for the coming 3 months it mostly will disapear & if not h'll make a small treatment in the office,will it absorb?what can he do?i dont want a revision

Bump on bridge of nose after rhinoplasty

+2

Small bumps on the bridge of the nose after reduction of the dorsum is unfortunately a common issue after surgery.  It can be caused by several potential factors.  The most common cause is a bony growth (spur) after the the nasal bones were fractured and moved.  Other possibilities are a little residual or excess cartilage left behind.  Then usually don't get better (they usually get worse).  As the spur grows and/or as the swelling subsides, these little bumps can often be more noticeable.  The good news is that they are easily corrected, usually done under local anesthesia.  You should allow enough time for the swelling to completely subside so the you surgeon can accurately see what needs to be adjusted.

Bump after Rhinoplasty

+2

Something don't sound right.  If, after the Rhinoplasty, the bump remains and is hard after you try and massage it away, it's either cartilage or bone.  In this case, it's not going anywhere IMHO.  I'm not certain what could be done during an office visit as an incision, inside the nose, would be required in order to gain access to the bump.  After access was achieved, the bump would need to be rasped down with a nasal rasp or cartilage trimmed using a scalpel.  Light and suction would also be required to do the job.  Sounds like a Revision Rhinoplasty by definition.