What About Bump on One Breast? (photo)

7 weeks ago BA (245cc, anatom., submusc.). From wk 1 my left breast is larger than right due to a difference in thorax. He warned me there would be a difference, but both breasts would be natural. Now, 7 weeks later, my implant is still very visible on the left. I wonder if the implant is set to high or that he should have used an implant with low height (i.o. moderate height). Can you please tell me if there's any chance that this bump will disappear. If not, what are the options to fix this?

Concerns of Irregularity after Breast Augmentation

+1

Any concerns of irregularity or contour issues 7 weeks after breast augmentation should be given more time.  At some point between the 3 and 6 month mark, consideration for revision could be given.   I must say though that this looks like the gland and muscle transition, and this should get better with time as the implant drops.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What About Bump on One Breast?

+1

Still very early in the healing. allow at least 3 months before considering further surgery. I might recommend fat grafts . 

Breast Implants

+1

The lump will probably go with time. It usually takes 3-4 months, depending on size of implant and thickness of muscle.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Seven weeks postoperative, submuscular breast augmentation

+1

Seven weeks postoperative period is still a bit early in the implant settling. It takes almost 6 months or so for the implants to settle in as the muscle and the skin slowly stretches. Although it is possible, you might have developed some capsular tightening pushing the implant up, be patient and work with your plastic surgeon who I'm sure will get you through this. Good luck.

Allentown Plastic Surgeon

What About Bump on One Breast

+1

As far as I can tell on the limited post-op photos, the implants appear properly positioned--they seem to be centered at least in the vertical dimension on the nipple and areola. It is not uncommon to see upper pole fullness during the first several months after sub muscular implant placement, and this almost always resolves as the muscle relaxes to accommodate to the implants. This will require some patience.

If after several more months an unsatisfactory amount of asymmetry persists, the options for correction will depend upon the findings at that time. The current side view and 45 degree views are not enough to make a suggestion.

Continue to follow with your surgeon. All the best. 

Seven weeks after implants

+1

At seven weeks after implants, it is still a bit early to see the final results. Yes, each breast is always a bit different and it is impossible to get them exactly the same.

Breast implants need to be centered on nipples.

+1

Hi.

Implant is a little high on your chest wall.  Result is probably good enough.  Live with your implants for a few months.  If this issue still bothers you then, you may need a revision.