Will Bump Go Away? 6 Weeks Post Bump Shaving.

i had nose surgery about 6 wks ago. bump was shaved,right nostril & tip reshaped using ear cartlidge.my r nostril look much lower than the left(feels like bump). i asked my surgeon, he said it might be caused by cartlidge used in that area or just swollen/ said to wait a few more months to see if it goes down.. its only noticable from front view making nose look somewhat deformed ..(left nostril is higher /right nostril lower). do i just need to wait a few more months or should i be worried?

Will bump go away?

+2

In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of a rhinoplasty. The nose will continue to change and improve over time. The swelling can be influenced by the thickness of the patient's skin, whether tip work was performed, whether the procedure was open or closed, and whether or not the procedure was a revision. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it can take some time.  In the meantime, I would recommend communicating any post-operative concerns to your surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Bump On Nose After Rhinoplasty

+2

Because your rhinoplasty procedure was performed only six weeks ago, you're most likely experiencing a great deal of swelling that will subside over the following months. In some cases, it can take up to 2 years for full swelling to go away. During this time, it's important to be patient as the results continue to improve. If you're overly concerned, it's always a good idea to schedule follow up appointments with your surgeon regularly.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Will Bump Go Away?

+2

Quite simply it is just too early to assess a result at six weeks after a rhinoplasty procedure.  The problem may be due to something as simple as swelling or a graft may have moved or have an irregularity of the graft.  Please continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Michael Sundine, MD

Bump Go Away at 6 Weeks

+2

You should always go with what your surgeon is telling you, and what your surgeon is saying appears to make sense.  Without preop and postop photos and without knowing exactly what was done, this is hard to advise further.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA