I have bump after 5 weeks and my nasal cavities is uneven. Will I need another surgery? (photos)

It's been 5 weeks of my rhynoplasty and I still can see the bump that I wanted to be remove, when I touch the bump it feels hard where the pump is, also my nasal cavities are uneven, I feel very sad because of this, am I going to need another surgery in the future to fix this 2 problems. :(

Rhinoplasty dorsal hump is still there after surgery #nosesurgeon

+1
First, as many have commented, you have every reason to be optimistic.  Having done literally thousands of rhinoplasties, I can reassure you that many of the irregularities will pass with time.  We have a saying in surgery, "tincture of time."  Interpretation- watch and be patient.

Having said that, there are some simple things that might be helpful with massage, taping, and kenalog injections (steroid).  Make sure you are staying in close contact with your doctor and try to adhere to all the recommended therapies.

In my mind, one or more of four major issues could be at hand:

1.)  Simple post operative swelling that takes several months to resolve.
2.)  At times, a callus or over exuberant bone scar can form in the area of the cuts made to reduce the hump.
3.)  Under reduction of the original hump.
4.)  Collapse of the middle third cartilage just below the previous bump that, in essence, causes a hump to develop postoperatively simply due to collapse of the adjacent structures.

Hopefully you find that it is all related to soft tissue changes and swelling that resolve quickly.  

The nostril size is very likely to straighten out as the dissolving sutures continue to release.  This is extraordinarily common.  I always mention that early situation to my patients so they can be prepared.

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump after Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1
It is pretty early in the healing process and you can expect for the swelling to continue to resolve. Unless your surgeon feels there is an obvious problem I would leave this alone for 6-12 months then take a look again. You may find that things will even out with time. If you and your surgeon do feel that you have a bump left or need additional procedures then you can tackle it at that time. You are early enough that I would wait this out.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Bump and uneven nostrils after rhinoplasty

+1
Swelling will usually flatten out with direct pressure, and this can be tested by your surgeon, and should resolve. A hard bump may not change significantly. Nostril asymmetry that is not visible from a front view will likely not require revision, and may continue to improve. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have a bump after 5 weeks and my nasal cavity is uneven - will I need another surgery?

+1
Swelling after surgery can lead to asymmetry and irregularities. After 5 weeks, you will still have swelling that can affect the appearance of your final result. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. I would recommend giving it some time and see how you continue to heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions you have, as he/she knows the details of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nasal Bump

+1
It takes 3 months for 75% of the swelling to resolve so it is still possible that the bump will get better with time. Consult your surgeon and be patient.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon