Bump After Rhinoplasty 7 Weeks in

I had rhinoplasty 7 weeks ago but I see a bump forming on the left side of my nose that makes it uneven. Also the bridge of my nose seems to be getting wider. My doctor told me that it was swelling from the surgery and it would take a full year to heal. He told me to press on the sides of the bridge of my nose to prevent it from getting wider for thirty seconds three times a day. However, as I am following the instructions, the bump seems to be swelling more. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Asymmetrical Bump 7 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling does not resolve symmetrically. Your bump may improve as healing progresses. You ask if you're doing anything wrong when you press on the nose as instructed by your surgeon. With all due respect, I cannot answer that question because I have no idea what you're doing. Ask your surgeon when you demonstrate to him/her the technique you use to press on the nose.

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to tell without before and after pictures. The nose retains swelling for a long duration.  This uneven area may very well represent swelling.  Try to be patient.  

Dr. ES