Bump After Rhinoplasty That Was Never There?

I just got my cast off today and there is a random bump on the side of my nose that was not there previously. The Dr. assistant said its just swelling...but is that possible to swell in an angle off the side of the nose that was not there previously/

Rhinoplasty and bump

+1

Being that you are in the early post-op phase, the bump you may see or feel may be swelling and the healing process. Give it time to settle down.

Nasal Bump After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Gina,

According to your description, you are "fresh" out of the surgery by removing the cast recently. I would like to encourage you to have a little more patience because final results take about 12 months to get established usually.

That said, it is hard to give you a solid opinion about your situation without photos and physical examination.

Nonetheless, I recommend that you keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress because he/she knows the full details of your surgery.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

The Bump

+1

Good Question.  Better take a look at the before and after photos with you surgeon.  I'm sure that the photos will tell the tale.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon